Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Sigma 10-20 UW?

Started by Alexx ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 10-20 UW?

3 posts
  1. Hy all,

     

    Recently I bought S&S housing for my 400D and Fisheye dome port (boy it`s huge:), my next step is to buy Tokina 10-17 but for a few weeks (money issue). I was wandering can I use Sigma 10-20 for now with this setup? I know that zoom won`t work because I have only zoom ring for Tokina!Did anybody tryed to go underwater with this Sigma and fisheye port?

     

    Thank you

  2. Hy all,

     

    Recently I bought S&S housing for my 400D and Fisheye dome port (boy it`s huge:), my next step is to buy Tokina 10-17 but for a few weeks (money issue). I was wandering can I use Sigma 10-20 for now with this setup? I know that zoom won`t work because I have only zoom ring for Tokina!Did anybody tryed to go underwater with this Sigma and fisheye port?

     

    Thank you

     

    Hi Alex

     

    I don't have a definite answer to your question as I have not tried that specific set-up, but I would be surprised if it didn't work. I use a Sigma 10-20 (Nikon flavour) with a fish eye dome designed for the 10.5FE on a Hugyfot housing and it works just fine, actually better than with their smaller WA dome. If you already own the lens and port, give it a try.

     

    good luck

  3. Unless things have changed quite recently, Sea and Sea does not have a zoom gear for the Sigma 10 - 20. They do have gears for the Nikkor 12- 24mm lens, although this lens is not rated quite as high as the award winning Sigma 10 - 20. They have a comparable zoom range (102 degree - 64 degrees for the Sigma, and 99 - 61 for the Nikkor, but the Sigma focuses closer.) I have tried to ask Sea and Sea to add the Sigma gears to their offerings, so keep the pressure on them.

     

    The port itself should be no problem if it sits at the right distance. The lens is a little long and it works better in my system (Subal with 8-inch dome) with a short extension ring.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.