Dual 50W halogen or HID lights?
50W halogen. Won't find no HID in my bag. My 50W bulbs provide about 1000 lumens each in my application. LMI HID lamps by comparison are 1300 lumens.
Digital video has very low resolution compared to digital still. It's circle of confusion can be much larger due to it's poor resolution, so it has good DOF even at low numerical apertures. It's pixel sites are still quite large compared to digital still of similar sensor size, so I believe intuitively that digital video has a significant light sensitivity advantage. That's not considering 3CCD vs. 1CCD, but now days 3CCD cameras offer very good low light performance.
I tried dual 50W halogens in Watervisions heads. I mentioned that because Watervisions heads are quite wasteful of light. Still, my setup provided reasonable illumination over a field broad enough for the Nikon 16mm fisheye that I shot with, and I was using a D100 which has a minimum ISO of 200. I could not get satisfactory stop motion of fast action even at f/2.8. It was my intention to use 100W, 3000 lumen bulbs but I screwed up.
I believe 50W halogens may be acceptable for P&S cameras without wide angle optics, but I believe you'll be disappointed with their performance with a D60. For anyone considering HID, their inherently low CRI means they render color poorly, so performance will be worse than strobe or halogen. For photography work, the standard rule is that lights should have a CRI of at least 90, but you could probably bend that a little. Typical lower power HID lights have CRI's of 70-75 and are not suitable.