So I'm looking into getting an UW camera for macro shots and wide angle shots as well as use as a land camera. I've been looking into the sealife DC800 since it's relatively cheap. I can get it in a couple days for $800 with the camera, housing, and strobe attachment. I looked at its specs and noticed it only offers JPEG pictures. I am going to play around with them in photoshop so I want a high quality picture to start out with. Is there any other camera that is within my budget (~1000 total) that fits my specs or is the DC800 good for its price? I looked at the sea & sea DX860G, but was told it's discontinued.
I'm going to use it for:
macro shots
share with friends/family
maybe video just for fun
editing in photoshop
going to purchase a wide angle lens later on
I live in Hawaii so although the strobe isn't too much of an issue, I still want to have one for better shots. Most of the time I will be snorkeling, but will scuba every once and a while.
Thanks