Skip to content

Conservation and the Environment / Archived topic

Please donate a picture to Sea Shepherd Galapagos

Started by vincentkneefel ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Please donate a picture to Sea Shepherd Galapagos

2 posts
  1. Dear fellow Wetpixel members,

     

    Hereby I would like to ask for your help. Sea Shepherd Galapagos is looking for pictures which they may use for awareness campaigns and billboards on the Galapagos Islands. All published pictures will have a reference to the photographer´s name.

     

    If you have any high quality (large format) pictures of previous Galapagos trips, preferably of (hammerhead) sharks, whalesharks, iguanas or sealions, which Sea Shepherd may use for their campaign, please reply to this post. I will than get you into contact with Alex Cornelissen, Director of Sea Shepherd Galapagos.

     

    Thank you for reading this post,

     

    Vincent

     

     

    Since 2000, Sea Shepherd has maintained a strong, positive presence in the Galapagos Islands. From patroling the Marine Reserve stopping illegal fishing activities, to busting shark finners, to educating the local youth, Sea Shepherd carries out its mission of promoting ocean conservation using a wide range of methods and actions.

     

    The Galapagos is our line in the sand. If humanity cannot protect such a unique and diverse ecosystem, we will not be able to protect any ecosystem. The Galapagos is a challenge and battlefield for the effort to halt human greed and destruction. These Enchanted Isles are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and this means all of us have a responsibility to help protect them from illegal exploitation.

     

    http://www.seashepherd.org/galapagos/

  2. Dear fellow Wetpixel members,

     

    Hereby I would like to ask for your help. Sea Shepherd Galapagos is looking for pictures which they may use for awareness campaigns and billboards on the Galapagos Islands. All published pictures will have a reference to the photographer´s name.

     

    If you have any high quality (large format) pictures of previous Galapagos trips, preferably of (hammerhead) sharks, whalesharks, iguanas or sealions, which Sea Shepherd may use for their campaign, please reply to this post. I will than get you into contact with Alex Cornelissen, Director of Sea Shepherd Galapagos.

     

    Thank you for reading this post,

     

    Vincent

    http://www.seashepherd.org/galapagos/

     

    If you do decide to donate a photo make sure that you still sign a contract with them as to the usage rights of that photo and let them know it will be enforced. I donated a photo to them several years ago (before I knew better) and it started showing up on every website imaginable. It got to the point that the time it took to contact all the abusers was not worth my time and I blew it off to public domain. I have nothing against Sea Shepherd, but now I know this is just good practice anytime you donate a photo to anyone.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.