Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

2MP camera

Started by samdar ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

2MP camera

2 posts
  1. I have an c700 olympus camera that I love and takes great pictures 8x10 prints. I was am looking to get a housing for underwater but do people think that 2mp has the color depth for underwater shots or should I upgrade? If upgrading what recommendations for a camera under $500

  2. Hi Megapixel has nothing to do with the color depth just with the resolution. I don't know your camera and cannot tell you how good the dynamic range is. For UW good white Balance features and the ability to shoot in RAW format are important.

     

    Depending on how much you have to pay for a housing i would think about to upgrade to a state of the art Camera like the Canon S40, G3 or Olympus 5050 to which you can get a good and cheap housing.

     

    Simon

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.