Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

Save our Seas foundation

Started by aboshoff ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Save our Seas foundation

3 posts
  1. I have contacted Save our Seas Foundation on a matter of copyright infringement .

    My Raggedtooth Shark picture was removed from their website ,

    I am however quite disappointed to still see it in their documentation.

    I have discussed this with the offending party, and decided to let them off should they remove my image from their content.

    I am surprised at their conduct as most of the board are photographers themselves and know about copyright etc.

     

    Afterall I would have been more than happy to give them usage , should they have asked. Instead i am looking at a badly scanned picture of a very good image.

     

    Come on !!

     

    http://www.saveourseas.com/web/fileadmin/p...Documentary.pdf

     

    Anyone on this forum had similar experience with This foundation?

    Edited by aboshoff
  2. Hi Anton

    The SOSF are an important environmental group in South Africa .

    However they should not steep that low , even if copyright protection in South Africa

    is neither here nor there.

     

    I hope they make amends !

    Good luck

  3. Problem Resolved :

     

     

    Please be assured that your image slipped through from my side in a document sent years back to the Save Our Seas Foundation and has nothing to do with them at all. I omitted to check other documentation the image was on at the time of taking it off the AOCA site and therefore they are not responsible. It was an oversight on my behalf and therefore I apologies to both you and the Save Our Seas Foundation.

     

    I also recall having a conversation with you at the time explaining how I had been given the right to use the photograph by a said dive operator in Durban, believing it to be his, and hence the error and you then kindly said I could use it if I wanted to, how you support the cause etc.

     

     

     

     

    Lets clear up the misunderstanding.

     

    I am more than happy to allow you usage of my images with prior agreement and knowledge of what you are going to use it for ,where , when and how, and with the appropriate credit.

    I will then provide you with a decent resolution for your application.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.