Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon A70

Started by fatsuki ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon A70

2 posts
  1. I recently bought a Canon A 70 with the underwater housing. Does anyone know if the optional lenses available for the camera can be used with the underwater housing?

  2. Fatsuki, I can't comment specifically on the A70 - I have the A40.

     

    If you are referring to the Canon accessory lenses (teleconverter, macro, wide angle) then you can not use them with the housing. The camera fits quite snugly in the housing and does not leave room for accessory lenses.

     

    However, Sea & Sea does offer digital conversion lenses which fit on the OUTSIDE of the housing. I am not sure if they make an adaptor for the A70 housing yet (since the A70 is rather new on the market), but I am very happy with the adaptor for the A40 housing and the fact that I can change from wide angle to macro to normal while underwater.

     

    Hope this helps!!

     

    Kim

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.