Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Lens

Started by Turbonium ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Lens

5 posts
  1. Hi

     

    Looking for WAL and Macro lenses to go with the PT-015. Any recommendation?

     

    Seems like most people are using Inon WAL and UN Macro, any reason?

     

    Lastly, do these lens work well on land?

     

    thanks

  2. UN (Olympus) PWC-01 WAL. I haven't been able to test it to its full capability but so far looks pretty good.

    No intentions of getting a macro lens as I find the C5050's macro adequate.

     

    Topside the WAL will give you severe distortion (fisheye) and corner blurring.

     

    I highly recommend a lens dock with it.

  3. One nice thing about the Inon lens is that Inon now offers a dome port add-on that takes the lens from about 100 degrees to about 125 degrees.

     

    I have the dome port and I am having a lot of fun with it. For some sample pics with wide angle and with dome port see the following URL .

     

    http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gall...ple_gallery.htm

  4. Thanks guys. Just placed the order for Inon UWL-1000. :lol:

  5. For Close Up, take a look at the new CU-165 M67, which has focal distance 165 mm instead of 330 mm, basically doubling the magnification of the CU-330 lens.

     

    I guess you mean the UWL-100, not 1000, right?

     

    For the PT-015 and 5050, the WA angle of view is 91.4 degrees alone and 127.9 degrees with the dome.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.