Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Websites/Software for Picture Sales/Stock Photography

Started by GLOC ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Websites/Software for Picture Sales/Stock Photography

4 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    I am looking at revamping my website to be more commercial allowing print sales and stock photography purchases.

     

    Can anyone here give me an idea of some good sites/software packages that are designed with photographers and print sales/stock photography in mind?

     

    Thanks

  2. If you intend to handle the printing yourself you might look at ImageFolio. I used it on my own shamefully outdated stock site, but they have newer versions available now with e-commerce options. They have been very good about consistently adding new features. Unfortunately I haven't had time to update mine in several years. I guess I need to stay home more.

  3. Hi,

    I use photoreflect.com. I find it a good fit for me (I also shoot above water pics). It is a free site, but not like the normal sites with all kinds of ads.

    You can check out my site at jonjustice.photoreflect.com or my website at jonjusticephotos.com(click on the link above the gorilla).

    You set your own prices and a portion of the sell goes to pay the site(I think it's 4 %).It has a basic editor and the software is a free download. I haven't had any problems with the software or the site and I have sold quite a few photos on it . You can also choose a lab to print your stuff or do it yourself.

    Jon

  4. That PhotoReflect site has some really nice Flash templates. Do they let you set your own prices for prints?

     

    If you don't want to host the gallery on your own server you can also use http://www.SmugMug.com or http://www.Zenfolio.com. They charge a small annual fee and don't have a bunch of ads. They are very easy to set up and customize and you don't have to install anything on your own server.

    Edited by underwatercolours
Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.