- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
1GB Kingston CF - $216.86 - $50
-
HWExtreme reports that a Kingston 1GB CF card can be purchased from Dell for $216.86 minus $50 rebate. HWExtreme also has some 5% off coupons (first-come first serve -- they are unique coupons) for even lower prices. Search for Dell part #A0100230 to find the card. Expires 5/31.
-
Hi Eric,
The price is a bit lower today with the Dell 15% off memory sale. Just ordered for $204.61. With the rebate that's 1GB of memory for $154.61. Bad news is that the 5% coupon can't be applied to this deal . . .
Mike
-
Eric, Mike
Kingston's 1 GB CompactFlash card is fully compatible with digital products that use Flash memory technology. Approximately one third the size of a full-sized PC card, the card can be used in Type II PC card slots when you use an adapter.Do I need the adapter to use this card in the Olympus 5050?
Tom Collier
-
Eric, Mike
I called Kingston and they said the 1GB Compact Flash card is not recommended for the Olympus C-5050.
I do not have my Olympus owner's manual handy but I seem to remember that 512 meg is the largest Compact Flash card you can use. However, I also believe that the camera will also accept a 1GB micro drive.
I guess that I will wait until I can get my hands on the owner's manual and re-read the details.
Tom Collier
-
I'm using a SimpleTech 1gb card with my 5050 right now and haven't noticed any ill effects. That being said, however, my actual receipt from Dell says the card won't ship until after June 4th. The rebate ends on May 31st. I seem to recall some problems a while back with memory card rebates not getting honored because the invoice that shipped with the product had the shipping date instead of the "ordered on" date. I think I need to give Dell a call.
Mike
-
Mike,
I just called Olympus technical support. They said 'as long as it is a Type I or Type II Compact Flash card, you can use any size, 512 or 1GB'.
I guess I better go order one.
Tom Collier
-
I just called Olympus technical support. They said 'as long as it is a Type I or Type II Compact Flash card, you can use any size, 512 or 1GB'.
This is a dangerous statement because cards have surpassed 1GB by now, and many "older" (current, really) models definitely do not support 2GB and higher CF cards.
-
After talking to a couple people at Dell (the first was absolutely no help at all), I was told that, though the order date and shipping date both probably show on the invoice, the credit card isn't charged until the ship date. Because of this the Dell rep said, "I'm not sure how Kingston would view that for rebate purposes". Consequently, I canceled my order. Well that and I really don't have to have another card right this second . . .
Mike