Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Blenny

Started by TisTam ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Blenny

3 posts
  1. Blenny photographed in about 1m in Bequia, southern Caribbean.

     

    I can't find a match in my ID books, although I'm assuming it's an unillustrated colour variation or perhaps a juvenile.

     

    Can anyone shed any light on his identity?

    post-3303-1211548776_thumb.jpg

  2. Blenny photographed in about 1m in Bequia, southern Caribbean.

     

    I can't find a match in my ID books, although I'm assuming it's an unillustrated colour variation or perhaps a juvenile.

     

    Can anyone shed any light on his identity?

     

    It's a redlip blenny in its post-larval phase. There is a photo of it in the 4th edition of our DVD field guide.

     

    Les Wilk

    ReefNet Inc.

    www.reefnet.ca

  3. That's great, thanks! I'll have to get that DVD

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.