Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

New fish species...

Started by Graham Abbott ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

New fish species...

8 posts
  1. Check this out... I found this very unusual fish on a night dive at 33m. Accoridng to Gerry Allen and a few other fish experts it's totally new to them. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

    post-5023-1211614469_thumb.jpg

    post-5023-1211614599_thumb.jpg

  2. Very nice! Never saw this one before, and if Gerry says it's new, then it's new!

     

    Luiz

  3. Spectacular find, Graham! Care to tell us (even roughly) where this was?

     

    Frogfish

  4. Yeah no problem I saw in Horseshoe Bay, south Rinca!

  5. Yeah no problem I saw in Horseshoe Bay, south Rinca!

    All I find around here that I can't identify is usually stuck to the bottom of my shoe ...

     

    Well done, Graham!

  6. definitely looks like a kind of scorpion fish.

     

    How big was it?

  7. May I suggest posting this in the Critter Identification forum?

     

    Dan

  8. nice find Graham!

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.