Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

First time

Started by philsokol ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

First time

2 posts
  1. Hi Everyone,

     

    I finally had the chance to try out my new toy in Chuuk and Palau. It's a little different than diving with a point and shoot! I was joking with my dive buddies that's it's like driving a pair of moose antlers, so I've taken to calling the set-up Bullwinkle. After lurking around here for a couple months, reading, and even taking a one-day class, I'm happy to report that 98% of my shots were absolutely craptacular! Out of focus, over/under exposed, incorrect strobe power or position, bad compositition, etc., etc. Other than that, I did great :lol: At least I can sort of diagnose the problems to work on.

     

    Here are a couple from Chuuk:post-14526-1211656486_thumb.jpg post-14526-1211656520_thumb.jpg

     

    After a week in Chuuk, we added a few days in Palau. I think I started to get a clue:

     

    post-14526-1211656674_thumb.jpg

     

    And finally, on the last day at Jelly Fish Lake, the fortunes smiled upon me:

     

    post-14526-1211656924_thumb.jpg

     

    I'm particularly pleased with the last as it is right out of the camera, no cropping or processing (thanks to Martin Edge's book for the how to on this one).

     

    All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it's going so far and can't wait until the Digital Shootout in Bonaire to get some more training and talk shop over a few beers with others of our particular affliction. Thanks to everyone who contributes here on wetpixel - it is an amazing resource!

     

    Phil

  2. And finally, on the last day at Jelly Fish Lake, the fortunes smiled upon me:

     

     

    I'm particularly pleased with the last as it is right out of the camera, no cropping or processing (thanks to Martin Edge's book for the how to on this one).

     

     

    Phil

     

     

    Nice shot of the Jelly. Looks like it was a good trip and places for the new rig.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.