Rumor says that the next generation PS will use the GPU to great improve processing speed. Rather like Apple did with Aperture.
I mention this because many Mac users had to upgrade their computers or GPUs to take advantage of Aperture.
So start saving up for a new computer.
Rumor says that the next generation PS will use the GPU to great improve processing speed. Rather like Apple did with Aperture.
I mention this because many Mac users had to upgrade their computers or GPUs to take advantage of Aperture.
So start saving up for a new computer.
It also seems that PS (CS4) will not be 64 Bit and they are holding off until CS5. Since I have not yet loaded CS3 yet, I may hold off on CS4. The cost of upgrading compared to the new features seems to get less worthwhile each time
Well on my 3.2 GIG QUAD PC, CS3 opens a 16 meg Raw near on instantly.
Lightroom flys as well.....even when both are running at the same time along with FLASH, Dreamweaver, a browser and my email on multiply screens.
No need for GPU power here.
Rumor
I believe the rumors may have - at least in some part - started here:
Well on my 3.2 GIG QUAD PC, CS3 opens a 16 meg Raw near on instantly.
Lightroom flys as well.....even when both are running at the same time along with FLASH, Dreamweaver, a browser and my email on multiply screens.
No need for GPU power here.
Wagsy they will be offloading to GPUs on the PCs also it looks like
With Aperture you have to have a GPU of certain specifications. The program uses the GPU. Without a minimum spec. GPU you cannot run the program.
I read about the new PS on Mac Rumors. If it works like Aperture you must have a GPU that will run the program. Won't matter how fast your computer is.