Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Archipelago

Started by loftus ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Archipelago

2 posts
  1. I just received my copy of Archipelago by David Littschwager and Susan Middleton, a gift from Jose Alejandro (elbuzo), thanks Jose.

    After just an hour engrossed in this book, I can highly recommend that you get a copy of this book about an area (remote Hawaiian Islands) most of us will never get to see, at least under the present regulations. The photographs are outstanding, and particularly interesting in the light of the recent controversy generated by David Doubilet's nudi photographs. Many were taken in medium format, so the quality is superb.

    The text also provides a lot of interesting information about an area I knew nothing about except for Rocha's posts. I also love all the Hawaiian names.

    I think this is a very important book, I hope though that any discussion on this book does not degenerate again into the futile 'touch or not to touch' argument.

    Edited by loftus
  2. Glad you liked buddy :D

     

    Great book and definitely a different perspective on u/w photography

     

    Hasta la vista

     

    JA

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.