Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Digital Shoootout, Bonaire June 7-14

Started by randyj ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Digital Shoootout, Bonaire June 7-14

16 posts
  1. Just wondering if any other Wetpixel groupies are going to the Digital Shootout in Bonaire this year. My wife and I are going there to be embarassed by everyone else's photos, but love the seminars. Also the diving is pretty good too.

  2. Hi Randy,

     

    My son and I will be headed that way. Really looking forward to it. ;)

     

    Steve

  3. I'll be there as well. I'm looking forward to actually learning how to work this crazy thing! First round is on you Steve ;):o

  4. Just over 3 weeks to go. I am PSYCHED!!

  5. I had a great time at the digital Shootout in Palau2006. I hope to see familiar faces in Bonaire next month.

    Philip

  6. :)

    Leaving Friday for the Digital Shootout in Bonaire June 6th to the 14th. Anyone else going to be there?

  7. :)

    Leaving Friday for the Digital Shootout in Bonaire June 6th to the 14th. Anyone else going to be there?

     

    Hi Allison, Our ladies decided it might not be a good idea for my son and I to be let loose on a tropical island unchaperoned. So now the whole crew is coming. Were going to test the system. Two of us thru Houston and two thru Newark. The Good Lord and Continental willing, I'll be in Bonaire Sat. AM. Are you bringing the crew?

     

    Steve

  8. Hi Allison, Our ladies decided it might not be a good idea for my son and I to be let loose on a tropical island unchaperoned. So now the whole crew is coming. Were going to test the system. Two of us thru Houston and two thru Newark. The Good Lord and Continental willing, I'll be in Bonaire Sat. AM. Are you bringing the crew?

     

    Steve

     

     

    Four of us, two still heads, one video, one critter finder. I agree, Steve, first round is on YOU!!! Wheee!!

  9. Hey guys. Be sure to follow the pseudo-live coverage! I've uploaded a bunch of videos, including one from the day boat this morning:

     

    http://wetpixel.com/digitalshootout

  10. Watching some of the videos ... there is a lot of Neoprene going on ... have the warm summer waters not hit over there yet ? Or is it just a bit chilly from TS Arthur having just gone through a week ago ?

     

    I should also mention ... it looks like you are all having a absolute blast .. the live(ish) video updates are one of the coolest things ever to be able to watch.

    Edited by Giles
  11. It's 78 degrees here, Giles (25.56 deg C). Definitely full 3mm.

     

    Alvin, one of the guides, had some kind of rashguard, shorty, two hoods, and a 7mm on top of all of that. He has no body fat.

  12. 78? 7mm for me..

     

    wish i could download and watch!

  13. I think the fact that everyone here needs more neoprene than me means 2 things ..

     

    a.) i don't get in the water enough ...

     

    b.) i have too much body fat !

    Edited by Giles
  14. i vote option b.) :D

  15. Oh Mike ... that 12mm hood is on it's way to you !

     

    it's not body fat ... i just retain alcohol !

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.