Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

WPQ issue 3 received

Started by rtrski ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

WPQ issue 3 received

11 posts
  1. As usual, bang-up job. Really liked the excerpts from American Waters.

     

    So rare to get a diving magazine that's got zero 'fluff' articles about the newest gear this and the hottest resort that. The pictures speak for themselves. And I really like the continuing standard of showing fstop, exposure, and equipment for all shots. Helps this novice begin to relate what approach helps achieve what effect. (I may understand DOF vs. aperture 'intellectually', but no where near 'instinctively', and of course that will vary with full frame vs. crop sensor camera systems as well.)

     

    Thanks again, Eric and team. Money well spent!

  2. As usual, bang-up job. Really liked the excerpts from American Waters.

     

    So rare to get a diving magazine that's got zero 'fluff' articles about the newest gear this and the hottest resort that. The pictures speak for themselves. And I really like the continuing standard of showing fstop, exposure, and equipment for all shots. Helps this novice begin to relate what approach helps achieve what effect. (I may understand DOF vs. aperture 'intellectually', but no where near 'instinctively', and of course that will vary with full frame vs. crop sensor camera systems as well.)

     

    Thanks again, Eric and team. Money well spent!

     

     

    Got mine also, and it looks great. (D$%n Post Office put a bit of a wave in the middle, but a couple of books straightened in out nicely so far. :) )

     

    I have the issues in my permanent collection on my diving coffee table :)

     

    Was great to see the OWU and DEPP shots and it is real nice to just get a bunch of high quality shots like you mentioned. Great stuff.

  3. Hey guys. Glad you like the new issue! I've updated the magazine website with information about issue 3: http://tinyurl.com/4dy459

     

    You can also download a PDF preview from there.

     

    wpq3-cover-640.jpg

     

    By the way, if you have more feedback, please leave it here so we can publish it in the Letters to the Editor section. No one seems to be writing in directly. :)

    Edited by echeng
  4. No one seems to be writing in directly. :)

     

    LOL. Okay I will make sure to use the WPQ site so the people at WPQ do not feel ignored or unloved (except for you, see you have seen the posts here :) ) But great job...

  5. Yes great job; the American Waters spread is outstanding, and I'd like a print of the cover - what a great image.

    And I got my first two pics in a magazine ever. :)

    (Even though it won't contribute to the mortgage payment)

    Edited by loftus
  6. Yes great job; the American Waters spread is outstanding, and I'd like a print of the cover - what a great image.

    And I got my first two pics in a magazine ever. :)

    (Even though it won't contribute to the mortgage payment)

     

     

    Saw it and congrats. Really love that Manatee head shot....

     

    As to the mortgage the fund to get Dean a trip to warm waters has not been too successful so far, but we can try one for the mortgage if you like :)

  7. Finally received mine and I am absorbing the beautiful images and feeling little squigglies in my belly just wanting to skip ut of the office, grab the gear and go shooting. How wonderful that there is a publication that is so inspiring!!! (A little annoyed at the Id 10 T mailman for the having attempted to fold the magazine tho...)

  8. So ERIC if I order on line can post to me over here in Australia?

  9. Hi

     

    I dragged myself home from a punishing night shift in the ER, through torrential rains which spoiled my planned dive this morning, and flopped onto the couch intending to go to sleep. Then, behold the mail lady - a vision in blue who delivered WPQ3. So now I sit here, inspired by the breath-taking images before me, all thoughts of sleep banished. I am off to the local dive school now to drink coffee and enthuse about photography. Thank you to all the contributors, a truly amazing edition.

     

    Hal

     

    Oh yeah BTW

    Does anyone know how to contact Alex Kirkbride? I want to purchase some of theses images - especially the cover shot

    H

  10. I've asked Alex what the process is for purchasing prints. I'll let you know!

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.