Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

No sync

Started by Daniel P ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

No sync

3 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I have a question regarding my canon 5D(in a subal housing CD5) and a Ikelite DS51

     

    when I use the Av mode(aperture-priority) on my canon camera and set my DS51 into F position the shutter time will be fixed at 1/200, if I shut off the strobe the shutter time will start to change as it is supposed to do. Does anyone recognize this problem? I don't use any TTL at all. I use #4104.6 sync cable,

     

    /Daniel

  2. Hi

     

    I have a question regarding my canon 5D(in a subal housing CD5) and a Ikelite DS51

     

    when I use the Av mode(aperture-priority) on my canon camera and set my DS51 into F position the shutter time will be fixed at 1/200, if I shut off the strobe the shutter time will start to change as it is supposed to do. Does anyone recognize this problem? I don't use any TTL at all. I use #4104.6 sync cable,

     

    /Daniel

     

     

    The problem is solved, I cut the green cable in the Subal Housing

  3. You cut the green cable! You were supposed to cut the red cable - now the bomb is going to explode for sure! Just kidding - sorry I watch too many movies :-)

     

    I recommend you look at the custom functions in your 5D. You can set the flash sync to be either default to 1/200th when a flash is connected, or to float from 1/200th down to whatever the meter tells the camera to set the shutter speed.

     

    What you do not want to happen is for the SS to go above 1/250th or so - if you do, you'll start to see a black line across the bottom of the photo. I know because it's happened to me when I cut all the wires except for the Fire and Ground. I have a Subla housing too btw, but use it w/ all 6 wires and a Sea and Sea ttl converter.

     

    Cheers

    James

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.