Skip to content

Conservation and the Environment / Archived topic

Caribbean Monk Seal Extinct!

Started by spaceflight ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Caribbean Monk Seal Extinct!

3 posts
  1. Just thought I would pass this piece of news on to everyone here.

     

     

    Caribbean Monk Seal Extinct

     

    Not exactly what we need to start seeing.

  2. I didn't think this was recent news.

     

    But just out of interest .. what has the US goverment got to do with declaring a species extinct .. ?

  3. I think they are using the term U.S. Government interchangeably with the U.S. National Marine Fisheries, and this appears to be a formality that specifies how allocation of resources is done. If the species is taken off the endangered list and considered extinct, then no further consideration is given to trying to protect them. (For whatever it's worth)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.