Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Windows XP SP3

Started by segal3 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Windows XP SP3

2 posts
  1. After waiting a few weeks to see if any additional issues would surface for the recent Windows XP SP3 release, I went ahead and upgraded (after backing up the hard drive, of course).

     

    I must say this was one of the most painless service packs I've dealt with - running the install meant that it checked for a few minutes to ensure compatibility, copied over a few new files, and asked for a single reboot. Done. Programs seem to load noticeably quicker so far (and every little bit counts with these computer-memory-crashing 1DsIII RAW files :D), and I haven't run into any issues.

     

    I think SP3 was very briefly offered as an 'Automatic Update' and then was disabled when they hit the few issues, but it's available for manual download for you intrepids ;).

  2. I'm not a real computer guy. Can you explain if there is any benefit to upgrade for the average windows/ps user

    Edited by mrbubbles
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.