Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Where to start

Started by paul.hunter ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Where to start

5 posts
  1. Greetings all

     

    I have finally purchased a pre-owned Sea & Sea MM II EX with all the extras, but now have a problem. Where do I start? I have done some reading on shutter speed, aperture setting and lighting. However what settings should I start with for both macro and wide angle on my first time out ? Any other advise would be much appreciated.

     

    Thanx in advance

    Paul

     

    My system is as follows

     

    MM II EX

    YS 60

    YS 90

    Both Macro and Wide angle lenses

  2. Agreed that the 'Complete Guide.." book is the best resource, really a must have. It details uses of most lenses and typical shots. Then just get out and shoot, shoot and shoot some more. Try to concentrate on one type of shot, one lens/lighting set-up per dive, figure it out, take a few notes, etc. before moving on. Macro is fairly easy to work with at first, as is close-focus wide-angle.

     

    Rondales also has an excellent area on UW Photography with lots of helpful articles mostly written by pros.

     

    I really enjoy my S&S, I'm sure you will too!

     

    Jack

  3. Ijust sold the book on eBay for about $8.00. wish I had known you could use it. I saw another one there this morning for about $10.

    TedJ

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.