Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Can you ID this fish?

Started by fvallejo ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Can you ID this fish?

4 posts
  1. Hello !

     

    Can anybody help me identifying this fish ? A magazine wants to publish a picture (not this one) but I need to give them all the info.

    It was taken in the Pacific Ocean, off the coast of Ecuador.

     

    Thanks a lot for your help !

    Fpost-1929-1213186739_thumb.jpg

  2. Looks like a Rainbow Scorpionfish (Brujo Arco Iris) (Scorpaenodes xyris).

  3. Looks like a Rainbow Scorpionfish (Brujo Arco Iris) (Scorpaenodes xyris).

     

     

    Thanks a lot jlyle, but I don't think it is. I forgot to tell you, this is a really tiny fish, about 1 and a half inch.

    Maybe a blenny of some kind ??

    Im clueless...

    thanks

     

    felipe

  4. Thanks a lot jlyle, but I don't think it is. I forgot to tell you, this is a really tiny fish, about 1 and a half inch.

    Maybe a blenny of some kind ??

    Im clueless...

    thanks

     

    felipe

     

    That's right. S. xyris is 1 -4.4 inches, max. 6 inches.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.