Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Erosa erosa?

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Erosa erosa?

6 posts
  1. There are a couple of these weird little guys in the Lembeh Strait at the moment. I id'ed it as Erosa erosa from the RK/HD Fish Atlas (page 107), while I was away.

     

    LMB08_am-11745.jpg

     

    Not a fish I had seen before. Anyone know anything more about it?

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  2. Yeah, this guy has showed its ugly face a few times in Lembeh, my buddy Bruce Moore has told me about this a few times now!

     

    It's apparently very rare and they don't see them too often. It's only when lucky photographers like Mr. Mustard show up that these are found...

     

    Have you came across any new nudibranchs while you've been there? Has there been many nudi's around?

    Edited by Graham Abbott
  3. Is this one of his relatives?

     

    IMG_5455.jpg

    Edited by herbko
  4. Is this one of his relatives?

     

    This looks like the same species... Was this also from Lembeh?

    Edited by Graham Abbott
  5. This looks like the same species... Was this also from Lembeh?

     

    Yes. About one year ago.

  6. Yeah, Herb, that definitely looks like the same species - yours is just a more saturated individual! I think the fish is slightly clearer in your photo - as mine was shot with a 40mm and dome. I think it was at one of the TK sites.

     

    Have you came across any new nudibranchs while you've been there? Has there been many nudi's around?

     

    Hi Graham,

     

    Yeah plenty of nudis. Although I resisted the temptation of plucking them off the reef and sticking them on a piece of white perspex, though. :D I enjoy photographing them - but I am not really a nudi-fancier, so I can't tell you if there were many real rarities. The dive guides did get excited about several. Lots of flatworms too.

     

    In comparison to my previous visits there were lots of octopus around - blue ring, wonderpus, mimic, coconut etc and lots of flambos. Plenty of froggies, although not many hairies. Ghost pipefish just coming in - including a nice pair of Halimedas at Nudi Retreat. I am off to the Red Sea today - so apologies if no replies for a week.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.