Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

New U/W Photo Newbie - Greets from Dallas

Started by Daylon ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

New U/W Photo Newbie - Greets from Dallas

5 posts
  1. Hi All!

     

    Just did my first dive trip using a full SLR rig in January - and now I'm seriously thinking about picking up my first housing / dome / strobe rig.

     

    Did a 7 day Aggressor trip in Turks and Caicos - have a slideshow and gallery at my site if anyone cares to take a peek -

     

    www.daylon.us

     

    Was using an Aquatica housing, d70, and dome and flat ports, alternated between a 105mm macro and a 17-35 medium telephoto.

     

    I'm new to this, so am AMAZED at the prices those housings run - is it me or does it seem wrong that the housing is 2x the camera?!?

     

    Been shooting "topside" for about 2 years now with my D200 - had to basically throw all that knowledge away when using an SLR underwater - but eventually I figured it out (sorta)

     

    Anyway, glad to be here - hope to be a regular contributor -

     

    Daylon

     

    Here's one of the better shots - remind anyone of that scene in "The Deep" ?

     

    post-20434-1213409322_thumb.jpg

  2. Hi All!

     

    Just did my first dive trip using a full SLR rig in January - and now I'm seriously thinking about picking up my first housing / dome / strobe rig.

     

    Did a 7 day Aggressor trip in Turks and Caicos - have a slideshow and gallery at my site if anyone cares to take a peek -

     

    www.daylon.us

     

    Was using an Aquatica housing, d70, and dome and flat ports, alternated between a 105mm macro and a 17-35 medium telephoto.

     

    I'm new to this, so am AMAZED at the prices those housings run - is it me or does it seem wrong that the housing is 2x the camera?!?

     

    Been shooting "topside" for about 2 years now with my D200 - had to basically throw all that knowledge away when using an SLR underwater - but eventually I figured it out (sorta)

     

    Anyway, glad to be here - hope to be a regular contributor -

     

    Daylon

     

    Here's one of the better shots - remind anyone of that scene in "The Deep" ?

     

    post-20434-1213409322_thumb.jpg

     

    Welsome Daylon,

    A nice shot!

    Please feel free to join us at the Dallas Underwater Photographic Society!

    Email me off this thread for more details!

    Thanks

    Chuck (Grapevine Texas)

  3. Welcome Daylon. Nice photos and wonderful website. I am impressed!

  4. good to have you hear Daylon

  5. Thanks! The underwater shots are from my first experience using a housed SLR - it's a bit of a learning curve but by the 3rd or 4th dive I was starting to get the hang of it.

     

    D.

     

    Welcome Daylon. Nice photos and wonderful website. I am impressed!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.