Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Advice on settings please

Started by spudgun ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Advice on settings please

1 posts
  1. Gentlemen, (and ladies); what a fine Forum. Please permit me to solicit your much needed advice.

     

    I have recently acquired a Canon HV30, (small high def camcorder), and my proposals are to shoot in progressive mode, (25p here in Pal land), with a fixed Tv shutter of 1/50th. I believe this will help with the potential low light scenario and create that rich, 'filmic' appearance.

     

    That said, I have read elsewhere that perhaps interlaced is the better way to go, possibly producing smoother underwater footage. That been the case, my gut instincts are to shoot possibly Interlaced, 50i here, but with what Tv shutter value?. I am reluctant to simply shoot all in auto mode.

     

    To make matters worse, I intend to combine the undersea footage with topside filming, which WILL be 25p, so if I elect to shoot underwater at 50i, what potential problems with mixing those settings on the same tape?

     

    I would greatly welcome your thoughts and opinions on your own shooting preferences. I have endeavoured to post on several video and scuba forums, with very little in the way of response.

     

    Thank you so much in advance.

    Spudgun

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.