Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

What is this?

Started by Big Fic ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

What is this?

8 posts
  1. Is this a worm or a nudi?

     

    post-20291-1213497813_thumb.jpg

     

    Picture was taken in the Philippines.

     

    Thanks.

     

    Brad

  2. Wow! I can't believe I stumped the experts!

     

    Thanks for looking tho.

  3. I didn't see it until now, but it looks very much like a nudibranch to me.

     

    I should add that I think it is an Aeolid and maybe Flabellina sp. or Calorina sp. http://www.seaslugforum.net/ would be the place to look.

  4. I am no expert .. but I was thinking Cuthona sp.

     

    Looking at photos they look the same ... but distribution is a bit off maybe ... I would be interested to know what I am missing that differentiates these guys.

  5. It is definetely a nudibranch, my bet is Sakuraeolis nungoides.

  6. Nudibranch -definately

     

    Would go with the Flabellina assertion

     

    Pretty little things those Flabellinas arent they??

    :P

     

     

    Is this a worm or a nudi?

     

    post-20291-1213497813_thumb.jpg

     

    Picture was taken in the Philippines.

     

    Thanks.

     

    Brad

    Edited by Damo
  7. Dragan is correct: Sakuraeolis nungunoides

    Cheers,

    Marli

  8. Just because nobody answered your question does not mean you stumped them. There are a lot of new or inexperienced divers on this forum that ask questions which don't necessarily get answered. Why? Because we are all hoping someone else will do it.

     

    Joe

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.