Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Make your PC look like a MAC

Started by wagsy ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Make your PC look like a MAC

6 posts
  1. So if you are one of those PC users that want to change to a MAC because you like the look and feel of OSX.

     

    Well just keep your PC and load this onto it :P

    http://www.flyakiteosx.com/screenshots/

    Edited by wagsy
  2. I guess we've finally come full circle and Steve Jobs can take a bow. All these years of running Windows on a Mac with Virtual PC and now Parallels etc, now PC folks needing / wanting or even just considering running a Mac on their PC.

  3. *coughs*

     

    Or you could google 'hackintosh'

     

    It's amazing what you can find on torrents these days. Not that i would ever look into such things.

     

    To be able to have a cross-bootable desktop would be very nice for those of us that run both windows and mac, if not slightly illegal. It's a shame that it is illegal as that means i could never download and try such things.

  4. Hm, I was waiting for the punchline....

     

    "Make your PC look like a mac:" remove all user-serviceable or alterable components, install bargain basement high unreliability power supplies, lock down the OS so you have access to nothing beyond the surface, and double the pricetag."

     

    Flame on. :P

     

    All that said...I do admit I like the look of Aperture. I'd never pay for it, anymore than I paid for Photoshop (I'm using cheapie Paint Shop Pro), but still...nice application.

  5. Good find there Cor...23 June they fire up.

    Looks like the days of $$$ MACS will be over soon.

    Build a super desktop QUAD Mac for $1,500 AUD

     

    The main reason I have to stay with PC is the amount of different software I can use. Just too limited on the MAC side of things.

     

    One can also load up custom skins to windows if they want it to have a look & different feel to it. You can even make XP look like Vista.

    Edited by wagsy
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.