Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory Video

Started by spaceflight ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory Video

6 posts
  1. Hey Everybody,

    I was digging around in some video files today and found this video that I did several years ago when I was working at NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's where the astronauts train for Spacewalks.

     

    Not very high res, but thought you guys might find it interesting.

     

    I shot all the footage with a Gates PC1000.NASA NBL Video

  2. Hey that was pretty cool...luv the vis.....wish the water here was like that :P

    Edited by wagsy
  3. That was sooo cool !!! I agree with the Wags meister on the viz... Spectacular... If I had Bill Gates wallet i'd have that as my personal pool with reefs, wrecks and sealife a plenty... Could you imagine it... Wheres my lottery ticket... :P

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  4. Very cool!!!

  5. Yep cool stuff. A lot clearer than our Pacific NW waters.. thats for sure. Mike

  6. I did a magazine assignment on at the NBL in 2001. I tried everything to get clearance to dive and do my own shooting, but NASA's PR office was of no help at all. They did assign one of their divers to shoot for me, but his work wasn't up to par, even with lots of Photoshopping. They gave me clearance for the pool for just one day (on the deck only) and one of the astronauts got me in a second day. He also invited me to his shuttle launch, which made this one of the most memorable assignments in over 30 years as a writer/photographer.

    Edited by ehanauer
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.