Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Teensy tentacles

Started by bmyates ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Teensy tentacles

2 posts
  1. On my recent visit to Lembeh Straight, I had the good fortune to see a blue-ring octo ("BRO") - the fourth I've ever seen. Only a few yards from the BRO, the dive guides located this itty bitty fellow - barely visible, and only 1/4 to 1/2 inch high. I thought I detected some very faint rings on it as it tried to evade our annoying eyes/strobes, but this photo - the only decent one I got - doesn't seem to show any rings.

     

    Anyone see something that would help me ID the little guy?

     

    313881991_Zpp5y-L.jpg

    Edited by bmyates
  2. Hi Bruce - Unfortunately we don't have any IP ceph experts here and the tiny stuff is especially hard to id. There's a list of experts on this page - http://www.tolweb.org/onlinecontributors/a...al&sp=19386

    Mark Norman wrote the photo guide to cephalopods and Christine Huffard has done a lot of work in the IP so those are two possibilities to contact.

     

    Good luck & let us know if you get a response on this or your other post.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.