Hi Folks,
Just so you know what happened, I had taken a photo (of my wife) with a D100 and she wanted a print. I have a PC and a Mac. The Mac has the firewire hooked up, so I hooked up the D100 and opened the image in Photoshop, corrected it and saved it back to the IBM Microdrive as a .jpg file.
Then I realized the printer was hooked up to the PC.
I suspect I could have changed the printer but I didn't.
So I took the IBM drive out of the D100 and put it in a PCMCIA adapter and put it into the PC and that's when the trouble started.
Before anyone goes crazy, I do this a lot and have no problems at all. But I usually move files already on the desktop Mac to the desktop PC. I think rewriting back to the camera may have been my undoing, although I have pulled this off before.
I also had an IBM "freeze" when reviewing images on a D1 (one of the first models released). It turns out IBM Micros don't like having images deleted by D1s for your future reference.
So, I shall now put this thing in the freezer and go out and get an interface for the PC/Mac while it is getting cold. Worth a try.
Thank you all for the input.
Best,
Tim