Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Teensy tentacles II

Started by bmyates ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Teensy tentacles II

1 posts
  1. This little guy - seen at Lembeh - was only an inch or so long. I assume it is a pygmy cuttlefish, but it raised the question of how you tell the difference between that and a "regular" cuttlefish baby...or are pygmy cuttlefish even a separate type?

     

    He certainly was the "reddest" cuttlefish (of any size!) I've ever seen. I assume that was just his way of letting me know he was annoyed at my presence - the way many octopuses turn red when bothered...

     

    Is coloration or feature development any clue?

     

    313882643_JiF3u-L.jpg

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.