Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

N90s Housing

Started by W-Jay ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

N90s Housing

6 posts
  1. I have finally decided to upgrade from my Nikonos 5 systems to a housing system. I was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to pick up a used housing for a N90s camera. From the research that I have done I'm leaning toward either the Nexus or Subal housing. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

  2. Howdy, W-Jay! Welcome to Wetpixel. Housings often show up on eBay. The housings for film cameras like the N90 will be popping up frequently this year as more and more UW photographers go to digital.

     

    My biggest concern for buying used equipment online is that you don't know the history of the stuff. UW photo equipment is fairly maintenance-intensive. I have an N90s and an Aquatica housing, which I'm negotiating to sell to a friend. I have the receipts from the outfit that serviced it every couple of years, including internal o-ring replacement and pressure testing. If you buy used equipment, I would definitely check into the history of the equipment.

     

    And in any case, if you buy it, I recommend having a professional inspection and any necessary maintenance before you use it.

     

    Have fun with whatever you get. I used a Nikonos V for about 12 years, and a housed system is a vastly better way to go.

     

    Jim

  3. I saw an Aquatica housing on eBay this morning.

    TEdJ

  4. I've got the whole system for sale. I posted it here in the classifieds.

     

    Aquatica A90, dome port, flat port, camera, 20mm lens, 60mm lens, spare Nikonos bulkhead, optional ball mounts on handle, arms, SS200 strobes.

     

    E-mail if interested in all or part.

  5. One factor is that a lot of housed film camera users are going to be turning to housed digital systems this year, especially the digital SLRs. Because of this, I imagine that there will be some really good deals on film camera housings, including the film cameras too.

  6. They're showing up on eBay like moths to a flame. Some going cheap and others going dear. I haven't seen a real pattern develop yet. TedJ

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.