Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Housing for Olympus C-4040 Zoom

Started by monsco ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Housing for Olympus C-4040 Zoom

4 posts
  1. Hi everybody! I am hoping someone will be able to shed some light on the possibility of using a C-3030 or a C-4040 Olympus camera in the housing designed for the C-5050 by Olympus. My buddy has a 3030 and I have a 4040, and neither of us like the 30 meter depth limitations of the 010 housing. The 130 foot rating on the 015 looks more attractive. Any thoughts or experience? Thanks... rd

  2. Those cameras will NOT fit in the PT-015, only the 5050 does. I believe you need the PT-010 housing, which Olympus has just discontinued.

    TedJ

  3. These cameras won't fit, I haven't tried it.

     

    One guy I know used a PT-006 for his D400 Zoom, it was not the correct camera, but he got the one most important button to work...the shutter release.

     

    My personal PT-007 has been down past 30 meters, I forgot, maybe 32 or 34 meters. Others have taken their PT-010 housings down to 40 meters.

     

    Buy insurance...

  4. Thanks for your responses guys! I really appreciate the info...

     

    monsco :)

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.