Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Marion Reef Southern Coral Sea

Started by jonny shaw ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Marion Reef Southern Coral Sea

1 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    I have just put together a short promo for Dive Nomad who are going to start running liveaboard trips out to Marion Reef in June 2009. Marion is located about 400 kms off the coast of Queensland and is a large atol that offers a safe and calm anchorage.

    It is a pretty special place due to its remote location it is rarely dived and the reef is in great condition. The thing that is great about the trips they are going to be run is that they fly you out to the mothership via seaplane so there is no 30 hr open ocean crossings!

    Unfortunately when I was there the wind was blowing pretty hard so we were only able to dive on the outside edge of the reef a couple of times but even still every dive was great.

     

    Have a look at the promo and as always I value everyones opinion, I am reasonable happy with it. There are still few shaky shots and it was my first time attempting doing a voice over too. As I said the conditions were a little rough 30knts winds and 3-4m seas, but my Canon A1 and Gates combo performed really well. A few of the shots were taken just short of 50m in overcast conditions and the camera handled the low light pretty well, and I also didn't experience any issues with operating the housing at depth... in fact it worked as well at 50m as at 3m!

     

    Here's the Vimeo link

     

    http://www.vimeo.com/1271664

     

    Cheers

     

    Jon

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.