Have just upgraded to a Nikon D300 and want to shoot in Raw. I'll need to upgrade my software. Any recommendations/thoughts on Lightroom vs. Elements6? Have received mostly satisfactory results before with the exception of white balance using Elements5 but there's no Nikon Raw capability that I know of with that software.
Ray
Have just upgraded to a Nikon D300 and want to shoot in Raw. I'll need to upgrade my software. Any recommendations/thoughts on Lightroom vs. Elements6? Have received mostly satisfactory results before with the exception of white balance using Elements5 but there's no Nikon Raw capability that I know of with that software.
Ray
Nikon's Capture NX is considered by many to be the best Nikon(NEF) RAW convertor. If the type of functionality you are used to in elements is all you need, NX will do that and more. If you are looking for more and better cataloguing features then Lightroom or Aperture (Mac) will do this, but for purists their RAW convertor is not as good as NX.
Also NX will preserve many of your in-camera settings more predictably than Lightroom or Aperture.