Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Spawning Hamlets discovered in Bali

Started by Scuba_SI ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Spawning Hamlets discovered in Bali

6 posts
  1. So, much to my amazement some street artists are copying photos of Hamlets here in Bali, i looked through their portfolio and they have one of two Garabaldis face to face as well.

     

    Anyone recognize this shot?!

    post-4803-1215503222_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Scuba_SI
  2. Certainly do, believe I may have been in the water with Alex for a few of those shots. Interesting that they added shafts of light to the photo. My lens that struggles in low light, knows for a fact, this behavior is most often witnessed during dusk hours..

     

     

    Aren't you back on that boat yet Simon??

  3. Hehe, I wasn't really expecting anyone to say 'that's my shot!'

     

    I somewhat taken aback by seeing a shot of a Caribbean species being copied out here... normally you expect to see whales and dolpins etc. I guess the artist must have picked up a diving magazine at somepoint and felt inspired!

     

    Quinn - As for the me and that boat, it was just a temporary thing to help them out - i'll be posting a gallery when i get to a decent connection in Jakarta this weekend. Were you out on the boat with me?

  4. I have pictures exactly like this. But I don't think that the particular shots have ever been published (I tend to submit images of the more colourful species). I'd imagine this was copied from a magazine, rather than online. But I have run so many hamlet spawning articles it is very hard to keep track of which images I sent in, on which occasion. But I don't actually think it is mine. The painting looks nice.

     

    I guess the hermaphroditic nature of hamlets is rather apt for Bali if Drew's accounts of the gender of some of the "girls" you and Mike are photographed with, Simon, are to be believed. :lol:

     

    Alex

  5. :lol::lol::lol:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  6. [quote name='Scuba_SI' date='Jul 9 2008, 03:43 AM' post='176

     

    Quinn - As for the me and that boat, it was just a temporary thing to help them out - i'll be posting a gallery when i get to a decent connection in Jakarta this weekend. Were you out on the boat with me?

     

    Oh I thought it might lead to something long term. Yes Simon, I did have the pleasure of your directorship on the AA2, as well seeing you perform the pom pom dance first hand..Such a treat :lol:

    Look forward to seeing your gallery!

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.