Martha Tressler, who is organising the BSoUP print competition to be judged by the public in the National Marine Aquarium, Plymouth (England) this weekend, has just told me that a number of mounted prints have been stolen!
It is not clear if this is a spoiling tactic by a desperate competitor, or an excessively keen response to the competition by visitors to the aquarium...
If you are offered a cheap (but otherwise excellent) print, please let me know!
Tim
B)
Whoooops ..... I hope you guys find them. That has got t be very annoying if not little bit embarrassing.
But then again maybe it shows the high standard of entrants either way. If someone stole to help themselves win ... competition must be good to go to those lengths. If someone stole for resale of art .. then maybe they are all so good they can get great prices !
If they are sold would be interesting to know how much they are going for, black market prices may help to raise legit photogs prices !!!
but again good luck hope they get found !
Bad luck, Tim. It is such a pity that the public are so untrustworthy. Although I do like the desperate competitor theory.
Three years ago, the first time BSoUP put prints on display at the National Marine Aquarium, three prints were stolen, two of which were mine. Since then I have not entered the competition.
I hope we can figure out a better way of protecting them for next year.
Alex
commiserations Tim, I had one nicked as well
guess it's somehow a backhanded compliment that our stuff is worth nicking <_<