Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

You Know What We Need Around Here???

Started by scorpio_fish ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

You Know What We Need Around Here???

5 posts
  1. Hint:

     

    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

     

    "When the going gets tough, .........."

     

    That's right. ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!

     

    Imagine a bunch of us armed with all our varying brands of housings gathering ourselves together in one beautiful location. We can actually see, touch and perhaps even use the other guys gear for a true gear review. Subal, Ikelite, Aquatica, Nexus, Sea & Sea, L&M etc.

     

    A digital non-shootout. No photo contests or prizes(no serious ones at least). No famous pro's. No photo gear sponsers. No formal lectures. Just a bunch of shooters sharing insight, techniques and opinions. Non-shooting and spouses and buddies welcomed (Need models, don't we?)

     

    What do you think? Maybe Indonesia next year? Who's game?

  2. George,

     

    I am there.

     

    I am trying to do something similar for this year's Flower Gardens Coral Spawning Trip. A bunch of people from on and off Wetpixel are flying in and we are going to have a mini-workshop on-board the Fling. No - cost, and I don't make any money off it. It's just a "come on along" kind of thing.

     

    I agree that Indonesia would be better - but it would be a few grand more...:-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I must have missed the Flower Garden invite... :)

     

    But I am supposed to be going to Indonesia this year and, from what I hear I will probably want to go back many more times.

  4. I posted it on here a couple of times Todd. :-P

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. My bad, I must have missed it.

     

    I do like the idea, but I believe Bob had suggested something of the sort in the Seychelles in October of 2004. I may also stand corrected on this one...Bob?

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.