Here is an interesting article about a photog whose Flickr Pictures have been used without permission THRU FLickr.
http://www.jmg-galleries.com/blog/2008/07/...e-this-weekend/
Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic
Started by ChrisJ ·
Read-only discussion
Here is an interesting article about a photog whose Flickr Pictures have been used without permission THRU FLickr.
http://www.jmg-galleries.com/blog/2008/07/...e-this-weekend/
That's why every photo that matters to me is watermarked (small, but clear) on Flickr and limited to between 700-1024 pixels.
It's too easy to present Flickr content on other pages.
Me too, watermarked and limited to 800 pixels on longest side, but my biggest security is the fact that nobody would want my photos in the first place. ![]()
... my biggest security is the fact that nobody would want my photos in the first place.
I didn't want to be tacky and say that. ![]()
But people do lift photos from Flickr and use them. I had a finalist in a photo contest recently. The contest finalists were shown in a Flickr group. A magazine asked all the finalists for permission to use their photos in a future issue. It's not a big high budget publication, so I said okay, knowing there wasn't any payment. I don't know how many of the finalists agreed.
At least they asked for permission.
It gets better, Flickr and Getty teaming up:
http://www.stockphototalk.com/the_stock_ph...tty-flickr.html
Best,
Tom Stack
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.