Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Buxton and Veitch do Jakarta

Started by Scuba_SI ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Buxton and Veitch do Jakarta

16 posts
  1. So your favourite Balinese Boys are heading to Jakarta :)

     

    Were currently playing on our 3G connections in the car on the way from the airport to our hotel.

     

    n500519260_658195_6356.jpg

     

    n500519260_658194_6943.jpg

     

    We're speaking at the ScubaDiver Australasia Divers Gathering held at the rather fancy bar called Dragonfly.

     

    Obviously this is work, and as such we will be hoping to inspire many of the inhabitants of jakarta to go diving and enjoy Indonesia's beautiful underwater habitat - but there is a very slim possibility that we may also sample some of Jakarta's night life - so expect some silly photos of that as well as the event!

     

    Other Speakers include David Espinosa, Todd Essick, and Windiarto Tjandra ( Author of an underwater coffee-table book )

     

    All in all this is a non-diving post, but may offer some interesting distractions to the D3x / D700 / Tape is better than HDD threads that are popular at the moment!

     

    Stand by for more updates!

    Edited by segal3
  2. Have fun guys! Ask Nadine if she wants to join your underwater police team.

  3. two words...

     

    Nice shirts... :)

     

    pick those up at some Balinese Salvation Army shop?

  4. Give my regards to 'Block M'. :)

  5. Nice shirts... :)

     

    They finally ditch the dresses and you give them grief. Very uncool. :ninja:

  6. They finally ditch the dresses and you give them grief. Very uncool. :)

     

    I thought he'd have picked up on my pearl necklace...

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    and no, it's not from Mike

  7. two words...

     

    Nice shirts... :)

     

    pick those up at some Balinese Salvation Army shop?

     

    Hey! at least i shaved the beard!

     

    Simon happy in a new shirt!

    n690615210_1469377_252.jpg

     

    Indonesian Mini Bar..

     

    n690615210_1469376_9906.jpg

     

    Here is a photo of the group at dinner this evening, night before the big event tomorrow. Enjoying some fine Indonesian food and hospitality care of Windiarto and the team of Scuba Diver Australasia Indonesia, thanks guys

    n690615210_1469378_522.jpg

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  8. oh, and one other thing...

     

    Tonight I had to wear proper shoes and SOCKS!!! for the first time since 2004.

     

    Not impressed! damn cities and dress codes in bars.

    i want my flip flops back..

  9. I thought he'd have picked up on my pearl necklace...

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    and no, it's not from Mike

     

     

    You set that one up with a hanging curveball right over the plate and I can't swing at it due to the nature of the first couple of things that have popped into my mind.

     

    Well done :)

  10. STOP PRESS:

     

    Yap doesn't have electronic key card doors but Indonesia does....

     

    Cue Mike wandering around the hotel last night without many clothes looking for help! hahahah

  11. You set that one up with a hanging curveball right over the plate and I can't swing at it due to the nature of the first couple of things that have popped into my mind.

     

    Well done :)

    Yeah, I thought Simon was trying to get us thrown off Wetpixel.

  12. Yeah, I thought Simon was trying to get us thrown off Wetpixel.

     

    I was going to put this in my original post (in my best Bart Simpson imitation):

     

    I will not post what I want to post or Eric will throw me off the board. I will not post what I want to post or Eric will throw me off the board. I will not post what I want to post or Eric will throw me off the board. I will not post what I want to post or Eric will throw me off the board. I will not post what I want to post or Eric will throw me off the board.

     

    STOP PRESS:

     

    Yap doesn't have electronic key card doors but Indonesia does....

     

    Cue Mike wandering around the hotel last night without many clothes looking for help! hahahah

     

     

    Does this mean there is video? You are very dangerous to hang out with it sounds like :)

  13. The first Divers Night for Scuba Diver Australasia in Jakarta was a great success. We convened at the Dragon Fly Lounge at 3pm on Saturday 11 July with presenters Todd Essick, Windiarto Tjandra, Simon Buxton and myself. The show consisted of 10 minute slide presentations from the speakers and a huge selection of door prizes from the presenters as well as all of the event sponsors. Prizes consisted of everything from one week trips to resorts around Indonesia, dive computers, camera gear and more.

     

    One of the best things of the event was the opportunity to chat and mingle with many of Jakarta's diving and potential diving crowd and get them excited about the local marine life with some very entertaining slideshows. Looking forward to the next event and hope some Wetpixel members can make it to the next one.

     

    Here are a few photos of the show. Enjoy

     

    The Emcee

    n690615210_1476810_3546.jpg

     

    Dodgy looking presenters

    n690615210_1476814_4932.jpg

     

    Handsome one eyed presenter

    n690615210_1476813_4610.jpg

     

    The crowd

    n690615210_1476904_1612.jpg

     

    Todd Essick hands out his book Mermaids

    n690615210_1476908_2917.jpg

     

    SDAA Publisher John Thet hands out Passport issues

    n690615210_1476985_6609.jpg

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  14. we need after party pics... :)

  15. There wasn't an afterparty... :P

     

    You guys don't need to see any more pics of us dancing do you?

     

    Although Mike being dwarfed by models on the dancefloor is quite funny! :):ninja:

  16. I've seen the pics and I must say Simon is getting much better at detecting those Adam's apples...... :D

     

    :D:P

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.