Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

S&S / Nikon D200/300 users

Started by craig nelson ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

S&S / Nikon D200/300 users

9 posts
  1. Hi all

     

    just a quick one

     

    is anyone or has anyone found that they can cram a d300 into a Sea & Sea DX200 housing ?

     

    just wondering if its possible

     

    regards

     

    craig

  2. yes, I believe Bonnie did this, do some searches, I believe she posted about it on wetpixel.

     

    Scott

  3. Hi all

     

    just a quick one

     

    is anyone or has anyone found that they can cram a d300 into a Sea & Sea DX200 housing ?

     

    just wondering if its possible

     

    regards

     

    craig

     

    Hi,

    I am working on S&S d200 housing right now but, having problem. It is not like Nexus

    or Subal housing. I've done new base plate & camera seat properly inside housing & lenses

    are centered. On/off switch & front dial works fine. On back cover, left side control is VERY

    difficult to make it work. Back window is small you cannot see full screen. backdial will work.

     

    Which means, You can do;

    On/Off

    Change EV compensation

    ISO change

    Mode change

    F-stop change

    Shutter time change

    Picture Review

    c-s-m change

     

    You cannot do;

    Menu change during diving(you set your camera such as raw, raw+jpg before diving)

    selecting focus point (jog dial will be centered & locked)

    and you can only see 70% of lcd screen

     

    I will post more info when finalized.

     

    Sam

  4. Hi,

    I am working on S&S d200 housing right now but, having problem. It is not like Nexus

    or Subal housing. I've done new base plate & camera seat properly inside housing & lenses

    are centered. On/off switch & front dial works fine. On back cover, left side control is VERY

    difficult to make it work. Back window is small you cannot see full screen. backdial will work.

     

    Which means, You can do;

    On/Off

    Change EV compensation

    ISO change

    Mode change

    F-stop change

    Shutter time change

    Picture Review

    c-s-m change

     

    You cannot do;

    Menu change during diving(you set your camera such as raw, raw+jpg before diving)

    selecting focus point (jog dial will be centered & locked)

    and you can only see 70% of lcd screen

     

    I will post more info when finalized.

     

    Sam

    Hi Sam,

     

    something new about the housing for the d300?

     

    thank you

    Rachid

  5. Hi,

    I am traveling since & I did not have time to work on housing.

     

    Sam

  6. Sam,

     

    thanks for sharing that. Could you show pictures of modified tray?

    Even better, will you offer one for sale?

    This should work the same for D300s I guess :)

     

    Andrzej

  7. I'm interested Sam! :-) Thanks for the pointer.

  8. Hi,

    After I try several times, I finally came to the point to stop the work

    & I no longer have housing. It is NOT like Nexus or Subal housing modification

    & simply S&S makes housing so tight & no extra room to play with.

    Sorry for th bad news.

     

    Sam

  9. Hi,

    After I try several times, I finally came to the point to stop the work

    & I no longer have housing. It is NOT like Nexus or Subal housing modification

    & simply S&S makes housing so tight & no extra room to play with.

    Sorry for th bad news.

     

    Sam

     

    Ah well, I'll wait for the D400 then. Unless anyone from Sea and Sea is listening!

     

    Many thanks for your efforts on this Sam, we appreciate it.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.