Hey UW photographers,
I've pondering this question for a while now. Why do strive to get better and better Underwater photos? Is it to impress our friends/family? Is it in that noble pursuit of raising awarenress? Is it the technical side of it which makes you want to know/learn more? Is it the prizes in comps? Is it for peer respect? Is it to emulate your idols?
I was staring at my d80 rig the other day wondering why I pumped so much money into this hobby....... I mean we really do get nothing tangible out of it yet back I go into the ocean every weekend to shoot.
For me , I think I do it to try and get images like some of my favourite photographers. When ever I feel like the passion is dropping, I pick up DD's "light , time and water" and instantly I'm hooked again. I guess I want to one day produce images like his that make peoples jaws drop. Images like his B&W -
http://www.daviddoubilet.com/portfolio/default.asp?catid=1
On that note, when/if you do feel the passion for shooting dropping, what reinvigorates it?
I'm curious as to why everyone else shoots?
There are so many possible reasons but if you had to choose one or two, what would it be?
Looking foward to the answers!
Cheers,
Cal