Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Fuji S 2 Pro strobe compatability

Started by Chris Bangs ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Fuji S 2 Pro strobe compatability

5 posts
  1. Can non digital strobes be used in TTL mode with the S2 Pro?

     

    Now that Aquatica plans to release a housing for the S2, I am considering switching to digital. I hope to avoid sinking any more $$ into strobes (I have too many as is).

  2. Hi Chris,

     

    Welcome to Wetpixel.

     

    In my experience, any strobe will do TTL w/ the S2.

     

    I have used:

     

    SB105

    SB102

     

    S&S YS90DX

     

    Ike DS125

     

    Chris, I just got a chance to try the Aquatica S2 housing - I hope to have a full review ready soon.

     

    HTH

    James Wiseman

  3. James,

    If you would please. Since you have used various strobes with an S2, would you give an opinion on which you feel would be better for a newbie to the camera to use?

    Thanks

    Gary

  4. Miloe,

     

    That depends entirely on what you want to shoot.

     

    If you want to shoot wideangle, then you want strobes with a wide pattern. For macro you don't need that, etc...

     

    I use d DS125's for everything as they have a reasonable wide beam, and are small enough that I can easily use them for Macro too.

     

    Cheers

    James Wiseman

  5. Whoops, I guess a use would kinda effect the strobe choice.

    For me a wider coverage would prob be best... less chance of the camera pointed left with the strobes pointed right. :freak:

     

    thanks

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.