Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lube for screw threads: white lithium?

Started by tubino ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Lube for screw threads: white lithium?

2 posts
  1. I recently bought a used Ikelite housing, tray, handles. When I unscrewed the handles from the tray, I found some spots of mild corrosion, and generally ugliness. I used white lithium grease on those and other threads, and it all goes together more smoothly. I don't expect it will hold up forever, but I might pack a little in my toolbox for my next trip (5 more days!). I'm cheap, so I like using something that's a few dollars per pound, but is there something better?

    Edited by tubino
  2. I would imagine that that stuff is pretty much as good as it gets.

     

    I use left over marine grease too when i do use something. I have been told that brake disc cleaner is good for prettying up new corrosion areas, but never tried it. On my boats I use Sno Bol (toilet bowl cleaner) to get rid of corrosion and rust stains, works the best.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.