- 4Posts
- 4Replies
Read-only discussion
Canon G5 announced
-
-
hmmm we seemed to have skipped right over the g4. man talk about fast moving obsolesence!!!



-
I thought I remember reading at Ikelite awhile back that the G3 had issues when using an Inon UWL-100 at the end of it due to the new zoom features. If that's the case with the G5, then that could pose a problem for some.
It's funny, due to lack of funds and everything else, I've been living vicariously through everyone's dive trips at wetpixel for months now....looking back to when the G2 first came out at $800 or so, I had researched and said to myself "Ok, when I get the money that's the one!" Now, looking on ebay, one could buy a D30 with lens for scant more than that. Maybe the key is to remain unemployed long enough till the D60 drops a little lower.

-
G4 designation would have been incongruous with the 5 megapixel sensor of the new camera, and there may have been some argument with Apple who has G4 computers. The Epoque DCL-20 wide angle lens works fine on the G3 Canon because of its bigger entrance element.............