Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Parrot Fish(?) Playing Soccer with Sea Urchin

Started by DavidScubadiver ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Parrot Fish(?) Playing Soccer with Sea Urchin

5 posts
  1. First, if its not a Parrot Fish, I apologize. It has a beak, but I didn't go to the fish ID book to confirm.... I was doing a shallow dive, and noticed this fish going after something. I am pretty sure its an urchin. There were no other players on the field, so I guess the spines were somewhat protective....

     

    2675936670_3ddaa294d9_b.jpg

    The urchin is in the lower left.

     

    2675119267_57d3c972dc_b.jpg

    Fish goes in for a nibble.

     

    2675118469_7ef59cdf07_b.jpg

    Some soccer action and the Fish is moving the Urchin around.

     

    2675933688_3bcb31290d_b.jpg

    Fish, recognizing the photographer, smiles.

  2. Pretty cool behavior shots. It's an intermediate parrotfish phase, but I can't say which species.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I wasn't looking for identification, though one is always appreciated! I just crossed my fingers that it was indeed a parrot. It was shot in the Bahamas last week.

  4. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! :)

  5. 2704245267_1af453541c_b.jpg

    2704243747_e6a23eb525_b.jpg

    2705067852_cc2c0e80df_b.jpg

    2705069142_2d0e5676d1_b.jpg

     

    They are definitely a lot brighter colored than the earlier versions. What do you think?

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.