Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Help Subtronic Strobes

Started by Divers_uk ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Help Subtronic Strobes

3 posts
  1. I have a couple of Subtronic strobes. They have not been cycled for a while & will not fire nor does the lamp work. If I plug them in the charge manager says they are fully charged. How do i kick start the batteries to overcome the charge manager?

  2. I had a similar experience and had to send the strobe back to Subtronic in the end, which was both time-consuming and costly. I never got to the bottom of what had actually gone wrong, so any explanations/advice here would be much appreciated.

  3. sounds to me like your batteries are deep discharged. The batteries on Subtronic strobes will drain to empty in 4 to 6 weeks. If they are left uncharged for months then they can go past the point of no return. The only solution is to send them to subtronic for new batteries. You could try leaving them plugged in for a few hours to see if that makes a difference, but it sounds like there is some sort of protection circuit stopping the batteries taking any charge.

     

    I make a habit of recharging mine every month or so when they are laid up and I can remember to do it. Then fire them off 3 or 4 times at full power - it keeps the capacitors in good health.

     

    Steve

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.