I was asked to by a KOI magazine editor to come over to one of the top KOI growers for taking underwater pictures of these horribly expensive japanese fish. As far as i know these fish are kept in blue bassins and they're not shy, but i don't know what to expect exactly. Maybe they live also in some large ponds or whatsoever.
Anyway, i plan to use my rig remotely controlled on a pole with the Tokina 10-17 mm FE. Are there any members who have experience with taking pictures of KOI or something similar? I'm open for any suggestion.
thanks in advance,
Udo
I've taken some photos of Koi - it is EXTREMELY difficult - because they have white "pearlescent" patches on them - making the exposure very tricky.
Cheers
James
I've taken some photos of Koi - it is EXTREMELY difficult - because they have white "pearlescent" patches on them - making the exposure very tricky.
Cheers
James
hmmm, that doesn't sound very encouraging... <_< .. But i warned the Koi guys that i never did a job like this and that there is a possibility that it isn't going to work out as good as we all hoped. We'll see. I thought about placing my strobes topside, maybe that it'll work out well. Do you remember what lens you used? How about framing them? Were the Koi cooperative in 'smiling' at the camera? Maybe i should just stick to the red/black ones...
cheers, Udo
shooting Koi ???
With a speargun, but your client w'ont be happy lol