Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

CHECK THIS FILM OUT!

Started by Graham Abbott ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

CHECK THIS FILM OUT!

9 posts
  1. Very cool, thanks; I'll have to look out for the video release as I can't imagine it will come to my local theatre.

    Edited by loftus
  2. Looks interesting. Herzog's commentary drives me nuts, though.

     

    "To me, they were like priests preparing for mass." :blink:

     

    Also, what's up with the underwater camera work? I mean, I understand the shaky camera thing as a chosen style, but it just wasn't necessary there.

  3. Looks interesting. Herzog's commentary drives me nuts, though.

     

    "To me, they were like priests preparing for mass." :blink:

     

    Also, what's up with the underwater camera work? I mean, I understand the shaky camera thing as a chosen style, but it just wasn't necessary there.

    Yeah, he's a total whacked out artist, but what about the sounds made by the animals?

     

    Hey, what happened with Wetpixel the re-vamp here? All funky for a none webby guy like me!

  4. Looks interesting. Herzog's commentary drives me nuts, though.

     

    "To me, they were like priests preparing for mass." :blink:

     

    Also, what's up with the underwater camera work? I mean, I understand the shaky camera thing as a chosen style, but it just wasn't necessary there.

    All that was missing was Klaus Kinski I guess

    Edited by loftus
  5. Looks interesting. Herzog's commentary drives me nuts, though.

     

    "To me, they were like priests preparing for mass." :blink:

     

    Also, what's up with the underwater camera work? I mean, I understand the shaky camera thing as a chosen style, but it just wasn't necessary there.

    Whaddya want? He's Bavarian german.

    I think his cameraman is Henry Kaiser... who happens to be a musician masquerading as a producer and u/w cameraman. I don't think the shakey camerawork was always intentional :)

    Actually I quite like Herzog's work. He's a great auteur and he appreciates good work :D:)

  6. Actually I quite like Herzog's work. He's a great auteur and he appreciates good work :):blink:

    So am I - especially the documentaries. I really liked Grizzly Man and Little Dieter Needs to Fly.

     

    And speaking of documentaries, I saw one a couple of weeks ago that I really liked, Deep Water, about the first solo around the world yacht race:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460766/

     

    Luke

  7. Actually I quite like Herzog's work. He's a great auteur and he appreciates good work :):blink:

    Yeah Drew, he's got a rather interesting eye for light! However his earlier work was just too controversial and whacky, he should have been locked up for it, never mind becoming celebrated as a so called artist! All that stuff he was doing in the Amazon was too insane for my liking!

    What you say?

  8. Well when a convicted pedophile gets an oscar for directing and gets support calls to forgive and forget, you sorta know the world is a pretty screwed up place.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.