Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D100 Sharpening

Started by jimbo1946 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

D100 Sharpening

5 posts
  1. The D100 Sharpening menu can be set to:

     

    Auto

    Normal

    Low

    High

    None

     

    I have been leaving my camera setting on Auto, then doing final sharpening with the Unsharp Mask in Photoshop Elements 2.0. I don't really have a clue whether this is the best way to go or not. Does anyone have any recommendations on camera settings for Sharpening?

  2. The in camera sharpening is for JPEGs, not NEF (RAW). Set in camera sharpening to none and do it all in PS. You can then control the amount, etc. Once it is done in camera, it cannot be undone.

  3. Thanks for the information. Believe it or not, I have read the D100 manual, but I didn't pick up on the fact that in-camera sharpening only affects JPG.

     

    Good information. Thanks!

  4. I didn't know that either - good stats, guys!

  5. RAW file contain all the data that the sensor of the camera can catch, without any manipulation (sharpening, saturation, WB....) that is the big advance of the RAW - you get the all data and information that your camera can catch and you can manipulate it after in your computer.

    Another point, JPG is loss compression format, it always loose some of the information, RAW (or tiff) are lossles, they kips all the information.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.